Friday, October 24, 2008

The LONGEST 8 Minutes

I know I am very behind in updating the blog so let me confess what I have been doing with my time.  I have been spoiling Claire.  I have held her too much and smothered her in kisses.  The three of us have been on the go quite a bit.  Claire has taken most of her naps in her carseat and stroller, or in our arms.  At least one nap is during our daily walk on the trails around our house.  She sleeps and we get a little exercise.

This is how I get ready for the day.  Claire plays or naps in the bouncy seat.  She thinks the toys hanging from the bar are really funny.  Last week she slept with one arm above her head.


Claire has grown so much that she is outgrowing the cradle in our bedroom.  It is time to move  into the crib in her nursery.
Back to my confession:  Today I decided no more napping in my arms.  It was time for her to get good sleep and for me to get some things done around the house (like update the blog).  I waited until Shane left the house because I knew he couldn't allow her to cry.  I swaddled her, put a cap on her (it is really cold today) and put her in her crib to sleep for the first time.  She and I both cried for 8 minutes.  The LONGEST 8 minutes of my life.  She FINALLY fell asleep and I praised the Lord!!!

Notice a sleeping baby in the monitor and no flashing colored lights under the picture!!!  Thank you Jesus!!!

Sound asleep!!  Look at those BIG cheeks!


Claire had a good nap and woke up cooing and smiling.  Daddy came home and couldn't wait to pick her up!!


No comments: