Monday, August 24, 2009

Almost 1!


So much has changed since my last post! Claire now likes to:
  • Brush hair. She knows the difference in my hairbrush and her hairbrush and which brush to use.
  • Brush teeth. She likes to brush her 6 teeth and smiles even bigger if I brush them.
  • Try to put things on herself, like sunglasses, socks, shoes and her diaper.
  • Communicate by signing. Sometimes she makes up her own signs and just doesn't understand why I don't know what she is trying to say.
  • Blow kisses, Mommy still gets the most but Daddy and Lexi are tied for second.
  • Help Mommy load and unload the washer and dryer, the dishwasher and clean the house (vacuuming not included-the cat hides and Claire cries when it comes on).
  • Try to whisper.....it is really adorable!
  • Imitate Mommy and Daddy. If we dump water on her head to wash her hair, brush our teeth, wipe the kitchen counter or floor, Claire will try to as well.



  • Play outside. She will bring her shoes to you and then go to the nearest door and pat it. This is an all day occurrence. If "Little Shane" could live outside all the time she would.


  • Play with Lexi. She will bring Lexi her toys and insists on giving her treats. She tries to pet her, and for some reason she likes to show Lexi her shoes. I'm not sure about that one. Sweet Lexi is extremely tolerant and will play along until Claire gets so excited she squeals. Also, if Lexi goes outside, Claire wants to go too. If Claire goes outside, Lexi wants to go too. I basically spend a lot of time in the extreme heat.




  • Claire absolute favorite thing now is to walk. When she first steps into the grass she will reach for your hand. Once she gets going she will push your hand away.

This is one of the first things Claire did when she learned to walk. This is my grandmother's bench. I think this would have made her laugh!


Here is Claire roaming the backyard.

I just can't believe Claire will be 1 in only 7 days!!!!!

No comments: